“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
Our vision is lifestyle support and guidance for everyone.
Healthcare professionals are trusted and accessible to all. This makes them exceptional sources of advice and care. Lifestyle-related diseases are an enormous burden but heath care professionals are poorly equipped to initiate effective lifestyle support and guidance to patients.
Lifestyle should be a core theme of healthcare training, with every healthcare professional receiving education on the impact of lifestyle factors in health and disease, and also its role in treatment. Every healthcare professional should be able to initiate effective lifestyle guidance and support.
Move Eat Treat is providing education for healthcare professionals, as well as working to change undergraduate and postgraduate curricula.
In order to achieve this vision, Move Eat Treat has three specific goals:
Goal 1: Reform healthcare education to include lifestyle as a core theme
- Work with educational bodies and institutions to increase the amount of lifestyle education in the curriculum
Goal 2: Provide education to healthcare professionals about lifestyle advice.
- Teaching programmes in medical schools and hospitals, a recent example is the programme we are ran for foundation doctors in the Thames Valley.
- The annual Move Eat Treat Summit
- Our online education library
Goal 3: Provide a platform for collaboration and connection.
- Use Move Eat Treat as a vehicle for effective discussion and to support and promote other like-minded projects.